Tucked in the woods between Winnipeg and Kenora, Falcon Trails Resort is less than 2 hours from the major cities but miles from the hectic routines of everyday living. We invite you to tour our facilities and grounds with our friendly and efficient staff to help you envision and plan your perfect event!
Whether you need a quiet meeting room, a relaxed open space, or to get interactive with the real world, we have the environment you’re looking for!
Falcon Trails provides a rustic yet elegant setting for the perfect wedding that is sure to stand out in memory as being unique and memorable. With spectacular views in a refreshing and calm natural environment, we have enjoyed being a part of many couples’ special day.
In addition to providing the location and accommodation for your big day, we are happy to offer couples a host of services to make for a really memorable and beautiful event- including bar tending staff, audio/visual equipment, and more!
Photography: Christie and Janisse Photography:
Emily, the eldest of the Christie sisters, and the one who looks after the resort marketing, promotions, and website (and who is currently enjoying writing in third person right now) has a photography business and you can hire her! She know's her stuff and obviously knows the space and the grounds like it's her home... because it is. Makes for a great way to remember your event, and it's real nice to save on the milage charges for bringing someone out from the city. Check out her stuff at christieandjanisse.com. Contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lighting: Lights Unlimited
Our good pals Terrell and Mike of Lights Unlimited are the ones responsible for the beautiful new hanging basket lights illuminating the walkway up to the Welcome Centre and decorating the halls of the ski chalet (they look AMAZING). The creativity, knowledge and professionalism of these fellows is exactly what you need to make your event stand out. Get in touch with them here!
Catering is available for groups of 10+, and is created from local and fresh ingredients meeting your specific dietary needs or restrictions.
Would you like some help with serving, bar tending, or clean-up so you can enjoy your après-meeting mixers stress-free?
Gathering from afar? Or perhaps you are just wanting a place to enjoy each others company, Falcon Trails is a great location for gatherings of family and friends.
- Rent adjacent cabins
- Rent the Welcome Centre for meeting and eating
- Enjoy year-round activities for everyone
- Catering is available for 10 or more people but must be booked in advance
- Team-building activities available
- Please contact our office at (204) 349-8273 or email@example.com
for group packages and rates
The Owl Wing - in the Welcome Centre Building
Bright, airy, and comfortable, our Welcome Centre has hosted retreats, meetings, and family gatherings in all seasons.
Large windows over-looking the open deck and lake below help inspire productive discussions while the cozy seating by the stone fire place and screened-in deck provide welcoming break spaces to check e-mail with complimentary wireless access.
- Lakefront meeting/dining space suits up to 16 people for meetings
- Lakefront meeting/dining space can seat up to 25 people for family meals or up to 50 people for cocktail style gatherings
- Granite stone fireplace
- Large kitchen
- Large sundeck and private hot tub
- Screened in porch with BBQ
- Accommodation for up to 6 on the second floor
- Set up theatre, boardroom, or classroom-style
- Indoor dimensions: 14' x 23' room • 8'8" ceiling • 322 square feet
The Ski Chalet
A large stone fireplace dominates the centre of this spacious character building while a bank of windows looks out onto the grassy slopes that base our ski/snowboarding runs come winter. There is a designated native grass tent site available adjacent to the building. Chalet indoor space has a maximum capacity of 170, maximum dimension for outdoor tent is 60' x 80'. The location offers opportunities for those requiring space to break into smaller groups or move around and get those creative juices flowing/feet dancing!
- Meeting groups of up to 40 seated in "U" shape, classroom, or group style
- Seated reception maximum of 80
- Cocktail style maximum of 125
- Portable stage available (Four, 8' x 4' sections to a maximum 8' x 16')
- Commercial kitchen facility available
- Back deck with BBQ and fire pit (firewood included)
- Kegerator fridge available for rent
- Multi-stall men and woman's washrooms
- Podium available
- Wifi access
Have your attendees arrive refreshed! Close enough to sleep-in and still make the meeting. The Welcome Centre has 3 bedrooms in a private wing on the second floor each with 2 single beds suitable for up to 6 people (shared bath facilities), while our 9 chalet-style lakefront cabins (2 queen beds, one single) and the larger Boreal Lodge (2 queen beds, 2 single beds) offer flexible options in additional living quarters. After a successful day, your guests can unwind in their own private out-door hot tub or inside by their wood-burning stoves situated at each cabin. Our wood-fired sauna on the lake is open to all guests and can be used year-round. Other features include:
- Alarm clock in every bedroom
- Full kitchen & 3 piece bath in each cabin
- All linens, bath & hot tub towels provided
- Private dock or private natural beach with each cabin
- Complimentary firewood for indoors
- Complimentary access to canoes/cross-country skis
- Complimentary DVD & VHS movie library (no TV reception)
- Complimentary tea lights for use indoors
The Great Outdoors
What would you do if you had 2,176,733 square feet of boreal forest, granite outcrops, and shoreline to explore? Threaded with over 20km of hiking/biking/ski trails and populated with a multitude of wildlife, we have been a haven for artist groups, nature enthusiasts, and those wanting to offer their staff a rejuvenating natural experience.
Customize your experience! Achieve more than what’s on the agenda; team-building activities can energize your group, make them a stronger creative unit, and allow them take home an experience whose effects often continue long after you leave.
Let us Help!
With our available combinations of meeting spaces and cabins, it’s very easy to plan your function quickly and upgrade simply through any meal options and services you choose. Contact our Events Coordinator, Deborah Kuhl-Magnusson, at 204-349-8445 or firstname.lastname@example.org. She would be pleased to discuss your specific requirements and explore options to offer you a quality event for the best value.