We are a little forest resort on the shores of Falcon and High Lake in the Whiteshell Provincial Park.
Hand-crafted lakefront cabins. Private hot tubs, remote hike-in eco cabins, docks, beaches, canoes, hiking, biking and ski trails, wood fireplaces, and the Falcon Ridge alpine ski slopes just a few steps away.
This is no chain hotel resort. Falcon Trails was created by and continues to be owned and operated by the Christie/Hamilton family, and this difference is immediately apparent in the feel of the place, the characters you encounter during your stay and the authenticity of the product.
To book, we will require the following information:
- Full name
- Contact info (mailing address, phone number, e-mail address)
- Preferred dates
- Preferred cabin
- The number of people who will be in the cabin
- A valid VISA or MasterCard number for the required 50% deposit
Where in the world is Falcon Trails Resort?
You'll find us at the quiet south east end of Falcon Lake in Manitoba's Whiteshell Provincial Park, just off the #1 highway, a 90 minute drive east from Winnipeg, about 15 minutes west of the Manitoba/Ontario border.
Once you turn off the #1 Highway into Falcon Lake, take the South Shore Road along the south side of the lake (past the golf course and the lumber yard). We are located right at the end of the road, about a 15 minute drive from the highway.
*Please note that our rural address does not always work with in-car navigation systems. Be sure that the directions are leading you to the correct Falcon Lake location before setting out on your journey.
Are dogs allowed?
We have 5 dog-friendly cabins: Birch, Tamarack, Eagle, Juniper and Whiskey Jack, all other cabins are pet free. Other types of pets (cats etc.) are not permitted in any of the cabins.
- An additional charge of $15/dog/night is applied
- Dogs must be kept off the furniture
- Dogs must be cleaned up after inside and outside the cabin
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and kept under control (keep barking to a minimum)
- Dogs must not be left alone in the cabin, screen porch, or deck
- Dogs are not permitted inside any of the pet-free cabins
- There is a cleaning charge of $100 if dogs or other pets are brought into any of the pet-free cabins
We love the forests here and have implemented the following changes around the resort to work towards respecting and minimizing impact on the land.
- All-natural cleaning products: we use non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning products to maintain all our Falcon Trails and High Lake cabins.
- Well-insulated cabin design to save heating energy
- Passive solar lighting utilizing large windows on the southern wall
- Cold-water washing with phosphate-free detergent for all laundry.
- Composting and recycling program to minimize household waste
- Naturally focused landscaping embracing the local habitat
- Native plant garden
At the High Lake Eco Cabins, winner of the Tourism Manitoba Eco Tourism award in 2003, we have implemented a number of steps to sustain the pristine lake and environment:
- Built using largely reclaimed or local materials with alternative building methods
- ‘Remote access’ to avoid habitat destruction and to promote sustainable transport alternatives (walking, running, biking, cross country skiing)
- Solar-powered electricity
- State-of-the art composting toilets
Falcon Trails pursues these efforts to respect and sustain our environment for ourselves and future generations to live, work and play. We’d love to hear from you if you have any comments or suggestions on how we can further reduce our ecological footprint.
If you cancel with 30 days or more notice, we will refund your deposit minus a $25.00 administration fee
If you cancel with less than 30 days notice, your deposit is refundable, minus a $25.00 administration fee ONLY if we can rebook the cabin; otherwise, your deposit is forfeited.
If you cancel with less than 7 days notice, you will be charged the full value of your stay UNLESS we are able to re-book the cabin, in which case you would only be charged the $25 administration fee.
July & August
If you cancel with 60 days or more notice, we will refund your deposit minus a $100 administration fee
If you can with less than 60 days notice, your deposit is refundable, minus a $100 administration fee ONLY if we can rebook the cabin; otherwise, your deposit is forfeited.
If you cancel with less than 30 days notice, you will be charged the full value of your stay UNLESS we are able to rebook the cabin, in which case you would only be charged the $100 administration fee.
Minimum Night Stay
For most of the year there is a minimum of 2 nights stay. On long weekends it is 3 night minimum, and in July and August we rent the cabins for week long stays (7 nights) only.
What Should We Bring?
The cabins all have fully equipped kitchens and we supply all the linens and towels, so really there's not much you need to bring other than your food and clothing for your stay.
Some commonly forgotten items include:
- Cooking oil
- Ground coffee (there are reusable coffee filters in the cabins)
- Tin foil/ plastic wrap
- Paper towel
- Toiletries (including shampoo and conditioner)
Check in/ out times:
Check in time: 4-8 pm
If you are arriving later than 8 pm, just give us a heads up ahead of time and we will set up a self check in letter for you